Monday 7 March 2011

1. Beginnings

This was started exactly 3 minutes ago, purely on a whim. As a one-time avid quizzer, I was deeply pained when I realized I barely answer a fifth of the questions at a certain quiz yesterday. The feeling was sickening. Here was a hobby I had deep interest in, and I had the opportunities to pursue it with greater interest in college. Yet I allowed more mundane (and even unconstructive, pointless) chores and activities to divert my attention and diminish my ability to the extent that the scrawny 13 year old who used to answer tricky history questions seems like a different person altogether now. This is perhaps my last attempt to revive my ability before I am engulfed by the unstimulating and repetitive monotone that is adulthood. Thus was founded this blog.

If you haven't been turned off by the self-absorbed hand-wringing, I would like to mention that anyone interested in quizzing is welcome. I will keep the blog as regularly updated with questions as possible. And hopefully with more interest and participation the level of quizzing will improve of its own. So I invite you to join me in search of quizzing nirvana. Who knows, perhaps you might discover the long lost quizzer inside you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your answer here...