Wednesday 13 April 2011

#61

I made my debut on April 17, 1937 in a short film directed by Tex Avery. Although only an unnamed side-character in the film, my assertive and combative nature presented something new to movie-goers.


Bob Clampett said of me, "At that time audiences weren't accustomed to seeing a ___XX___ do such things. And so, when it hit the theaters it was an explosion. People would leave the theatres talking about this _______"


In my early career, I was often paired along with Y, who also featured in my debut film. During World War II I appeared in war-themed films such as Scrap Happy _____ and _____ The Commando in 1943, notably involving a scene in which I hit Hitler on the head.


In the 50s and 60s I started featuring along with Z. The fact that Z gets all the attention drives me mad with jealousy. So much so that in a 1957 production with Z, I ended up drinking Gasoline and swallowing TNT, nitroglycerine and Uranium-238 just to impress a Z-besotted audience.


My 1953 film ___ Amuck was selected by the United States film registry for preservation.


Towards the late 60s, my portrayal in my films started to become very negative. My mean spiritedness was often shown to be malice.


My notable appearances in recent times:


In Hollywood:


1) Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988).( This was the only time I featured alongside the fowl Donald.)


2) Space Jam (1996)


Other Films:


1) _______'s Fantastic Island (1983)


2)The Night of the Living _____(1988)


3) Tiny ____ Adventures (2003)



I have also starred in many parodies of popular movies, the most popular of them being the famous ______ Dodgers Series, in which I play ____ Dodgers, a parody of Buck Rogers.


I also featured as Robin Hood in Robin Hood _____.


I have also essayed the role of Stupor in Stupor _____, a parody of Superman, and Stupor's alterego Cluck Trent.


All the blanks except the first contain atleast one of my two 'names' . Once you've identifed me you can probably also guess what XX is, because that's what I am.


Lots of clues. Who am I? And who are Y and Z?

2 comments:

  1. X = Daffy Duck!
    Y = Elmer Fudd?
    Z = Bugs Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y is Porky Pig. Daffy first appeared in Porky's Duck Hunt, 1937.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your answer here...